It was hanging, as usual, quietly on the wall,
I could see them images passing by.
Silently speaking about them memories all,
And I lay still wondering if I with them could, fly.
A time elapsed and one moment peeked at me,
I woke up with a startle and then drowned in the deep sea.
I was floating with my arms wide open, the sun setting in the sky,
Them birds returning back home and it made me cry.
Wandering alone, tired and breathless I felt my pulse,
Thought about the times I used to live on impulse.
Home is where the heart is, they used to say,
and my heart, I had lost somewhere on the way.
I hopped on the bus and decided to just aimlessly wander,
The road seemed never ending yet had a wonder.
I let my eyes flicker, sometimes it left me inquisitive, other times I felt a scarring joy,
I let the wind play with my hair and it reminded me of the times coy.
Making memories and packing my bags, I decided to say a farewell.
It made something ache inside me and now my heart has tales to tell.
I let time pass and decided to unpack my burden,
Moments like them butterflies sprang out and filled my empty space.
I stood up to take notice but swirled around with the colors so pretty,
Suddenly, something stirred within when I saw him waving at me.
I smiled back sheepishly, forgetting for the moment who am I,
I let him take my hand, as we passed over times higher than high.
Landed on a moment and it seemed like so much had gone past
I realized I had to say goodbye but I felt like a spell being cast.
Shook my head and came to my senses while I lay with him under the moon,
Broke his heart, burst the bubble and left him with a melancholy croon.
Heartless and careless, I just decided to move on with the time,
It was ahead of me creeping, I held on and decided to climb.
When I let go I was in another moment which seemed never ending.
Little did i know, that times were just beginning.
My sack was empty so I looked around to make a fill,
He caught my eye surprised and the time stay still.
Never repeat the same mistake twice, someone whispered. I warned him, like wind am I.
He laughed mockingly, swept me off and took me to moments so high.
I was swirling in a whirlpool of times, so forgetful,
searched for him and found him afar off drifting with the flow.
Called out and saw him grin back, made me feel awful,
I was broken and my pieces shone with a twinkling, he had stolen me steady and slow.
We are not meant to fly together, he exclaimed from the other side,
I tried to touch myself as I realized something inside me had died.
We passed by each other, while I tried to make up my mind.
Making illusions that someday we shall be intertwined.
Darkness surrounded me as I lost my direction,
He had drained me of all strength and affection.
Begged him to let me be and to gravity I surrendered,
Free falling through times again, to the wall I rendered.
It showed me the past and the times present,
Was I born careless or these moments had left me without any?
Looking for a meaning, to the new time I took an ascent,
Few mocked me and I was judged my them many.
Leave me alone, was my decision firm,
I was going to lead my life on only one term.
Ending up in solitude with vision of beauty in my eyes,
I flew by and thought of those birds in the sky.
No where to return to, I jumped up a hill,
Filled my sack with sunlight, dew drops and some dust.
I laid down and looked at the hanging on the wall,
She looked back intently and it was a carnival of mere rust.
No comments:
Post a Comment